Friday, January 19, 2007

The votes are in

As the bookclubbers know, I will be hosting February's meeting and we are reading the five finalist for the middle grade fiction Cybil award. I finally finished the tally from our meeting and here are the topics that we chose for the next few months:
  • Fantasy
  • New works by past favorites
  • Historical fiction (we'll probably focus on the Cold War Era)
  • 2007 Newbery and Caldecott winners
  • Books being made into movies (Bridge to Terebithia- 2/16, The Golden Compass 11/16, Stormbreaker – a couple months ago, Arthur & the Invisibles – 1/12, the Invisible 1/26, Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian, etc.)
  • Picture books (I'm not sure if we're doing new favorites or classic picture books)

Are there any books being made into movies THIS YEAR that you've heard about? That was all that I could come up with so far, but I didn't have time for much research.

No comments: